2-Hour Insight Circuit: Understanding Customers
What is an innovation short circuit?
Innovation SHORT CIRCUITS, delivered by industry experts and influencers, are 2 hour topic-based conversation sessions that help students gain expertise in innovation mindset, skills and practices.
Short Circuit: How to Innovate – Consumer Insights and Design-Thinking
Sponsored by: HARMAN
- David Slump, President of Global Markets, HARMAN
- John Livanos, VP of Consumer Insights, HARMAN
- Mohn Krishnaraj, VP of User Experience Design at Huemen, Design by HARMAN
TELL ME MORE
Consumer insights are interpretations used by businesses to gain a deeper understanding of how their audience thinks and feels. Analyzing human behavior allows companies to understand what their consumers want and need, and most importantly, why they feel this way.
Design thinking is a non-linear, iterative process that teams use to understand users, challenge assumptions, redefine problems and create innovative solutions to prototype and test. Involving five phases—Empathize, Define, Ideate, Prototype and Test—it is most useful to tackle problems that are ill-defined or unknown.
- How are consumer insights and design-thinking important for innovation that matters?
- What are consumer insights and design-thinking in practice?
- Who does consumer insights and design-thinking work, what are the skills involved, and how does it fit into new product or service innovation?