Create the best 60-Second Musical Score for Innovate at Iowa State
What is an INNOVATION DASH?
An Innovation DASH Challenge, is a one-time quick turn-around competition, that brings student teams together to design a solution to a specific problem or opportunity.View the Flyer (PDF)
DASH Challenge: Create a 60-Second Musical Score for The Spirit of Innovate at Iowa State
Sponsored by: Iowa State University Marching Band and the ISU Student Innovation Center
Grand Prize: $1,000
Compose a 60-second musical score for Innovate at Iowa State
Do you want to leave your musical signature for generations to come? Can you compose a musical theme that exemplifies the spirit, the passion, and the power of our Iowa State University changemakers?
How will ISU use your musical score?
Your work will usher in our publicly shared Flagship Innovator Forum, played at ISU events, hosted on our Innovate at Iowa State website and other ISU venues.
- Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Great compositions will include: catchy rhythm, memorable melody or “hook,” and great options for harmony and development
- Instrumentation: compose on instrument/medium you choose. The winning song will be orchestrated for the Cyclone Marching Band
- BONUS! Use one non-traditional instrument—digital, electronic, kitchen appliance, trash can, creativity encouraged
- Incorporate a chant—any rhythmic interpretation of “Innovate at Iowa State” over top of a drum beat
REGISTER YOUR TEAM FOR THE DASH
COMPOSE YOUR SCORE
You may use one professional advisor, but compositions must represent student original work
SUBMIT YOUR SCORE BY NOVEMBER 1, 5 P.M.
Submit written lyrics and digital MP3 to email@example.com
Team Registration Form