IT’S YOUR CENTER!
Train in one of our Makerspaces, watch the Gaffer’s Guild blow glass, meet student organizations, find deals at Innovate 1858 or SPARKS Cafe, and so much more when you come to the Student Innovation Center’s Open House!
Come explore on Thursday, September 1, from 4-6 PM to get an introduction to some of the many resources offered by Iowa State colleges from within the Student Innovation Center!
ALL CYCLONES ARE INVITED
What’s going on during the open house?
Makerspaces GRAND OPENING
See demos, grab giveaways, ask questions, and sign up for training. Makerspaces are open to all students, faculty, and staff to use!
ACTIVATE Magazine Launch Party
Come grab a copy of our inaugural ACTIVATE Magazine (and a cookie). Learn how you can contribute to next year’s edition.
Games, Prizes & Giveaways
You will not leave this building empty-handed! Totes, t-shirts, stickers, pens, food, and more throughout the building. Play our Passport to Innovation game for a chance to win prizes valued up to $100.
Network and Mingle
Meet other innovators from every corner of campus, and learn about the different events and innovation programs you can join!
- See projects created by student organizations (including PrISUm, SAE, Cardinal Spacing Mining, and more) using the Center’s assembly bays, and learn how you can join in on the action
- Watch demos of the Gaffer’s Guild blowing glass
- Visit pop-up shops at Innovate 1858 and check out deals at SPARKS Cafe
- Stop by the College of Human Science’s Culinary Creation Lab to taste-test chocolate sauce
- Meet and greet Pappajohn Center for Entrepreneurship staff and CYstarters with light appetizers, a spinning wheel for prizes, and information on upcoming programs in the third-level entrepreneurship hub
- Visit the College of Design classrooms for information and activities in advanced additive manufacturing, crafted objects, sketchnoting, creative thinking, exhibition design, UX design, and letterpress
- Pop by the Start Something LAS I+E Academy on the second floor to learn about innovative opportunities through the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Enjoy free ice cream from the ISU Creamery in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences’ Collaborative Learning Labs on the fourth level, and see student displays showcasing programs in entrepreneurship and innovation