How to Innovate Soft Serve Frozen Treat: 6-week Product Circuit
What is an innovation circuit?
Innovation CIRCUITS, delivered by industry experts and influencers, are immersive topically linked sessions that give students an opportunity to gain expertise, innovate and contribute meaningfully.View the Flyer (PDF)
6-Session Circuit: How to Innovate Soft Serve
February 11 – March 18, 2021; Thursdays, 5 – 7 p.m.
Sponsored by: Kent Precision Foods Group and ISU Student Innovation Center
- Design Challenge! Frostline Soft Serve
- 6 Sessions, 6 weeks
- Winning formula will be voted on at the April Innovation Exhibition at ISU
- Limit 24 innovative students
What is Kent Corporation?
Kent Corporation is a diversified family-owned corporation with operating subsidiaries involved in corn wet milling, the production of animal feeds and the manufacture of food products. Kent Corporation is owned by the Kent Family and led by Gage A. Kent as Chairman of the Board and CEO. Operating subsidiaries of Kent Corporation include Grain Processing Corporation, Kent Nutrition Group, Kent Pet Group, and Kent Precision Foods Group, all headquartered in Muscatine, Iowa. The entire family of companies has approximately 2,000 employees and does business in the U.S., Canada, and throughout the world. www.kentww.com.
What is Kent Precision Foods Group?
Kent Precision Foods Group is a dry- blending and packaging food company specializing in providing high quality products for customers in the foodservice (domestic & international), industrial and consumer products businesses. Products produced vary widely and include salad dressing mixes, frozen desserts, home canning mixes, sauce and seasoning blends, gravies, instant food thickening and personal hydration products. Brands include Foothill Farms®, Frostline®, Mrs. Wages®, Orrington Farms®, Southern Gourmet®, Thick It®, Sqwincher, and other licensed products. Headquartered in Muscatine, Iowa kentprecisionfoods.com.
TELL ME MORE
How could we enhance the taste of soft serve by introducing natural flavorings? Join us in this grand tour of soft serve production along-side industry production experts.
Soft Serve Circuit—gain industry experience in product development and management
- CONTEXT and CAPABILITIES: We are not ice cream! What is the process to produce a lactose free and how does it differ from hard pack ice cream?
- RESEARCH and INSIGHT: Why do customers choose the flavors they choose? What are the trends and how do we make decisions? What is the difference between commercial, retail and food service products?
- REGULATION, SUPPLY CHAIN, PROCUREMENT: How do functional teams work together to get products to market?
- 3 WEEKS PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT: design and test!