Online Short Circuit
Sponsored by The Student Innovation Center, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, and the University Library
It’s (Not) A Small World After All
Monday, March 29, 2021
5:30 to 7 p.m.
Dean Daniel Grooms
Building Teams that Serve
Dean Beate Schmittmann
Cultivating Global Communities
Interim-Dean Hilary Seo
Leading Social Innovation
How to Create, Manage, and Inspire Culturally and Professionally Diverse Teams
Creating structure, processes, and systems that inspire human creativity, interaction and progress is a daunting task for even the best leaders. This is especially true when we lead innovation, characterized by unpredictability, risk, and mental flexibility. Come to listen to our Deans who have become change-makers leading change-management in one of the most historically challenging times in this country. Topics for discussion:
- How to create cultures that attract and inspire the next generation
- How technology changes the way we manage business and interact with people
- How to create systems for and manage hybrid work influencers and employees—in person, remote, consultants, external boards and influencers, global partners
- How to create agreement and alignment without crushing creativity
- How to manage teams who are also your peers and evaluators
- Changes to promote cultural diversity and gender equity
- Identifying talented individuals from diverse backgrounds and introducing them into existing work cultures and traditional operations
- Strategies to address work group silos and competing factions
- Balancing accountability, compliance, and enforcement with inspiring creativity ownership, freedom to operate, and desire for autonomy
- How to lead and manage in times of change
- What to do when your team disagrees with your leadership
What is an innovation short circuit?
Innovation SHORT CIRCUITS, delivered by industry experts and influencers, are one to tw0-hour topical conversation sessions that provide unique access to strategies and insights on how to short-circuit the way you think, practice, learn, and lead, to build your career as innovators and key influences.
Oops! We could not locate your form.